The Columbia Gorge Regional Airport has a long and rich aviation history. The original grass strip, known as Case Field, was built in the early 1920's as part of the U.S. Airmail Service. In 1942 the U.S. Corps of Engineers developed the current airfield as a WWII training facility.
Currently, The City of The Dalles and Klickitat County serve as co-sponsor's of the airport. This partnership has resulted in numerous multi-million dollar projects focused on improving airport safety and infrastructure. Providing access to two states, three counties, multiple municipalities and over 72,000 citizens, CGRA serves as a gateway to the Columbia River Gorge with unparalleled opportunity for work and play!
Airport Board Members
Jim Wilcox Chair
David Griffith Vice Chair